Outlook Express Email Account Settings
There are a few different versions of Outlook Express and whilst the version you are using may appear different to the images we have provided below, the settings and procedures are very similar. This tutorial will provide you with the information you need to configure the Email accounts you have created or been sent to use with your Rediweb Hosting Web Hosting Account.
- 1. The first step to setting up your Email account with Outlook Express is to open Outlook Express, click on the Tools Menu and select Accounts.
- 2. In the window that opens, click the Add button and choose Mail or E-mail – depending on the available options.
- 3. Enter your name as you would like it to be seen by those receiving your Emails.
- 4. Next, you need to enter your email address. This is the Email address you have created or been supplied to use with your Rediweb Hosting Web hosting Account.
- 5. The next step is to set up your incoming and outgoing mail servers. Your incoming and outgoing mail servers are both the same. Just enter mail.yourdomainname.co.uk – replacing yourdomainname.co.uk with your actual domain name. So for example, if you held the domain name www.syn-apps.co.uk then your mail server would be mail.syn-apps.co.uk Please note the dot (.) People often get into the habit of typing the @ symbol at this point and that will not work.
- 6. The final stage requires you to enter your username and password. Your username is your full email address. Sometimes during the setup process, outlook will add the first part of your email address and leave off @yourdomainname.co.uk. It is important that you enter your full email address or access to your email account will be denied. Then you just need to enter your password and select remember to save you having to re-type it every time you check for mail. Now click Next.
To be able to send mail through our Mail Server, you will need to make one final change to the properties of your account. With your ‘Accounts’ window open, select properties and place a tick in the box that says ‘My server requires authentication’ or ‘This server requires me to logon’ and then click ‘OK’ and ‘Close’